Roche is the world leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) and tissue-based cancer diagnostics and a front runner in diabetes management. Roche Sequencing is seeking a talented Bioinformatics scientist to collaborate with experimentalists on computational analyses and to build analysis workflows that enable the approval of next-generation sequencing (NGS) IVDs to impact patients through personalized medicine.
You should enjoy working with others, using existing and novel bioinformatics methods for validating biomarkers, and have a strong desire to pursue creative solutions to challenging problems in an interdisciplinary and fast paced environment.
- Work with experimentalists to design studies that will optimize NGS procedures and bioinformatics analyses.
- Help to develop or modify bioinformatics methods to analyze NGS data, including innovative and cutting edge NGS platforms, across a range of applications.
- Rapidly prototype or adapt Bioinformatics workflows for biomarker validation and automation of analyses.
- Work proactively with stakeholders to address problems relevant to hypothesis testing and biomarker validation in a range of biological contexts with a focus on human genetics and infectious diseases.
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
As a strong candidate, you will have many of the following qualities:
- Possess an advanced degree in bioinformatics, biostatistics, computer science, or a related discipline (Ph.D. preferred).
- Enjoy working in a team environment and collaborating with other bioinformatics scientists and biologists.
- Comfortable writing code in R (including familiarity with Bioconductor packages), or other scripting languages such as Python.
- Desire to learn multiple NGS platforms including innovative, cutting edge platforms. Experience working with at least one existing NGS platform is required.
- Previous experience with large-scale NGS data analysis and usage of version control in a compute cluster environment preferred.
- Comfortable working in a *ix environment.
- Be knowledgeable in the biology or applications of personalized medicine in the areas of human genetics, immunology, or infectious diseases.
- Passionate about applying your skills in a diagnostic setting to advance personalized medicine and helping patients.
Who we are
At Roche, 85,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location United States, California, Pleasanton
Follow this link to apply: http://www.roche.com/careers/jobs/jobsearch/job.htm?id=E-3017264312&loca...