Provides project support to department leadership in the development of strategic and operational initiatives to enhance the mission of the institution. Works with department leaders to plan and execute initiatives in a variety of areas. These efforts include conducting needs assessments, review and making recommendations in a variety of areas, implementing institutional solutions, as well as other types of initiatives.
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
Project Management and Leadership
- Develop project plans, goals and objectives in collaboration with project and department leadership (milestones and timelines, resource planning, committee charters).
- Provides professional and/or technical leadership in the execution of day-to-day project activities (set priorities given resource constraints, facilitate meetings, monitor progress against established timeline, ensure documentation is complete and up-to-date)
- Manager expectations and coordinate work of external resources and vendors and/or internal resources and departments that support the project, identify and engage appropriate stakeholders.
- Provide recommendations in development of budget, resource allocation and other plans to support these projects.
- Creates metrics and standards/dashboards for measurement of operational effectiveness and improvements.
Communication and Change Management
- Communicate with in and across department to maximize information sharing around progress, needs, inter-dependencies and accomplishments.
- Manage the dissemination of news and information about the project to all stakeholders.
- Anticipate and communicate the impact of change to the rest of the organization as needed
- Serve as lead point person for questions and issues
- Coordinate or provide training of staff as needed
- Recognize and reward improvements in and maintenance of new processes
- Translate and communicate learnings to leadership.
- Develop communications including presentations to support various venues.
- Observe day-to-day departmental activities/operations to identify potential areas for improvement.
- Develop methods for teams to understand current and ideal work flow.
- Facilitate the identification of gaps in service level/processes and evaluate solutions within and across department.
- Identify and initiate implementation of opportunities to improve efficiencies
- Explore 'best in class' critical success factors to compare approach and activities to the ideal standard.
- Uses data to demonstrate improvement in processes, systems and outcomes.
- Stardardize services, processes, resources, and practices where appropriate to improvement efficiency maximizing departmental services.
- Assure successful implementation of people, process and systems changes to support redefined service delivery model.
- Synthesize and evaluation practice variance and workflow efficiency data.
Participate in institutional task forces and other special committees related to the achievement of department's goals and objectives.
- As assigned, represent department in various task forces.
- Document and communicate any key issues and/or follow-up.
- Ensure all issues/follow-up are addresses and closed.
- Job requires Bachelor's and 5 years of experience or the equivalent.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experiences:
- 5+ years of successful experience working as a project manager
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Professional attitude and considerable tact, persuasion and judgment in interactions with internal and external constituents
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team setting
- Willingness to rapidly learn new skills when the situation demands it
- Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure
- Resourceful and resilient. Comfortable operating in a challenging business environment
Job: Professional and Managerial
Primary Location: TN-Nashville-Loews Vanderbilt Plaza
Organization: VC of Diversity DIV