Human Capital Research Corporation (HCRC), an Evanston based research consultancy specializing in higher education enrollment, finance and market development is seeking individuals with outstanding quantitative and creative talents to join our group of analyst-consultants.
Professional staff at HCRC work in a team setting in close collaboration with institutional clients on a wide variety of applied research and policy related projects. As a Research Analyst you will be responsible for executing significant analytic projects under the supervision of senior staff.
- Developing and conditioning large scale datasets
- Performing descriptive analyses
- Developing predictive models and understanding their actionable applications
- Creating graphic displays of data for clients
- Working in a dynamic environment under aggressive timelines
- Presenting findings to higher education professionals
Required Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Passion for working with data and producing accurate and thorough reports
- Experience with statistical software (SPSS, SAS, or R) in a professional or graduate level setting
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including strong Excel spreadsheet skills
- Inquisitive and motivated; shows personal initiative
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact positively with team members and clients
- Experience working in higher education administration or research a plus
- Knowledge of data visualization, technology and/or geospatial analysis a plus
Preferred: Master's (or higher) degree with a significant background in quantitative or research methods. Preferred degrees include statistics, social sciences, economics, applied mathematics or public policy. Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field should have a minimum of 2-3 years professional work experience
Compensation is commensurate with education and experience. In addition, we offer a very competitive benefits package of vacation, insurance (health, dental, vision, life), retirement plan with employer contribution, flexible spending accounts and eligibility for year-end bonus.
US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time. Interested parties should forward a detailed cover letter and resume to HRresume@humancapital.com. Resumes forwarded without a cover letter will not be considered.
Deadline: Fri, 06/30/2017
About Human Capital Research:
Established in 1991, HCRC is among the nation’s preeminent education research consultancies. Using a wide array of econometric and statistical research methods and rubrics, HCRC provides colleges and universities with a wide range of strategic information services concerning all aspects of the college enrollment process and student experience from first contact on through to graduation and beyond.
Human Capital Research Corporation
1560 Sherman Avenue
Evanston, IL 60201