Human Longevity, Inc. was formed to revolutionize medicine and prolong healthy life. Human Longevity, Inc. is constructing a robust sequencing operation to compile the most comprehensive and complete human genotype, microbiome, metabolome, proteome, and phenotype database available. As part of this process HLI is building one of the largest human genome sequencing centers in the world. While Human Longevity, Inc. is continuing to grow, we are looking for people who share our common goal and passion of changing healthcare and extending the healthy human lifespan.
Human Longevity, Inc. is looking for a Research Scientist to work as a member of the In Vitro Team. This Research Scientist plays a key role in the development, optimization and implementation of new methods and processes for the analysis of human genetic diversity. This position will work closely with bioinformatics and machine learning teams.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensures up-to-date knowledge on evolutionary genomics, and on population genetics.
- Participates in the interest group of bioinformaticians and machine learning specialists to ensure state of the art annotation of the human genome.
- Uses evolutionary biology theory to analyze human and population diversity of traits and diseases.
- Develop/improve algorithms for further analysis of sequenced data.
Minimum Qualifications (Must have)
- Strong background in population or evolutionary genetics.
- Expertise acquired from working with NextGen sequencing platforms (e.g. Illumina, PacBio, etc.) for sequence analysis
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with great attention to detail and record keeping in both lab notebook and electronic documentation.
- A PhD or a postdoc in academic groups focused on evolutionary and or population genetics.
- Experience in a start-up environment
- PhD in genetics, or comparable field
- Background in computer sciences, mathematics and/or bioinformatics a plus
- Mixture of private offices, open space with cubicles, and wet-bench laboratory
- Global environment with multiple sites, which may require work beyond standard business hours
- Prolonged periods of sitting, standing, bending and kneeling
- Must be able to lift and transport at least 25 pounds
Send resume/CV to Bob Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Longevity, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
DISCLAIMER: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities of an employee to this job.