The Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) has established undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, and global postdoctoral scholars programs with an emphasis on the inclusion of trainees with diverse backgrounds and disciplines. For information on these research training programs, visit http://www.nibr.com/careers/index.shtml and http://postdoc.nibr.com.
The Scholars Programs Associate will be part of the Talent/Diversity group within the NIBR Education, Diversity & Inclusion team. The position is for 1 year, will be located in Cambridge, MA, and will report into the Scientific Program Manager. The role will allow the associate to develop program management and scientific administration skills in a matrix environment.
The successful candidate should have a strong interest in developing training and education programs and be highly organized, adaptable, proactive, and know how to set priorities. The associate should possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships within the department and across the global organization. The individual is expected to deliver on a wide variety of projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Participate in coordinating the summer undergraduate and post-baccalaureate scholar programs, outreach programs and events in the US, and help implement scientific education and professional development programs for research scholars and their mentors
- Help establish and manage strong partnerships with institutions and organizations that support historically underserved populations in the sciences
- Provide logistical support for the programs including:
- Event coordination (e.g. campus visits, scientific seminars and symposia, summer programmatic elements, candidate interviews)
- Communications (e.g. advertising materials, brochures, banners, email correspondence)
- Operations (e.g. budget management, database updates, outreach travel coordination,supplies maintenance)
- Develop additional postdoctoral training program activities, as needed
- A degree in the biomedical sciences, healthcare-related field, or education; experience with academic or drug discovery research a plus
- Experience in diversity, training program, and/or professional development initiatives is highly preferred
- Excellent communication (written and spoken English) and presentation skills
- Ability to handle sensitive matters professionally with diplomacy, discretion, and good judgment
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Aptitude for learning to use software applications
- Expected travel: Up to 20% domestic
Please email cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV) to email@example.com.