The Journal of Experimental Medicine seeks a scientific editor to work in collaboration with the in-house scientific editors and the academic editorial board to attract and identify high-quality manuscripts in the diverse fields covered by the journal. Under the general direction of the Executive Editor, the successful candidate will help oversee all aspects of manuscript review and content development. Scientific editors will also be responsible for conceptualizing, commissioning and editing Reviews and Perspectives, identifying papers to highlight with Insights and press releases. Additionally, they will be responsible for interacting with scientists during travel to conferences and laboratory visits. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. A PhD in a field relevant to the subject matter published in JEM (e.g. cancer, stem cell biology, vascular biology, immunology, virology, neurobiology) is required and postdoctoral experience is strongly preferred.
- A PhD in a relevant field is required; postdoctoral experience is preferred.
- The position requires regular travel to attend relevant scientific meetings and to visit research institutions.
- Ability to assess and discuss the scientific merits of primary research papers.
- Efficiently identify suitable referees in diverse scientific fields.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills and superb attention to detail, as well as a strong interest in scientific publishing and publication ethics.
For further information contact Dr. Marlowe Tessmer, editor, at email@example.com