Bio-Rad believes that the biotechnology industry should play an integral role in supporting education, helping to develop today's students as tomorrow's scientists and problem solvers. Bio-Rad's Biotechnology Explorer program (www.explorer.bio-rad.com) has developed a line of laboratory kits which have provided millions of students around the world the opportunity to explore the fundamental techniques of genetic engineering, DNA fingerprinting, DNA amplification, protein expression and analysis, bioinformatics, and the creation of genetically modified organisms.
The Biotechnology Explorer program provides access to technological innovations through practical hands-on activities in a format that works in the classroom. The program was created for educators seeking the very best in introductory molecular biology experiences for their students. Bio-Rad classroom lab kits, curricula, and teacher workshops specifically address current standards for life science education. While aligned with core content requirements, Biotechnology Explorer kits connect science in the classroom to topical applications and real-world issues.
- The primary job responsibility is to develop hands-on biotechnology educational kits and activities for use in teaching labs at the high school, community college and university levels.
- The job includes performing the necessary laboratory work required to develop and validate new kits, and managing the project through the new product development process.
- The successful candidate will be expected to technically support all existing products and be an expert source for technical questions related to all of our products for both internal and external inquiries.
- Candidates are expected to work effectively with other functional groups within the company, for example marketing, manufacturing and customer care as required to complete projects under tight timelines.
- The successful candidate will also have an understanding of the education market and US educational system and participate in marketing activities and is expected to interact frequently with teachers and students.
- The successful candidate will attend and support training workshops for teachers. The job requires 10-15% time traveling to tradeshows and customer visits.
MS (with industry work experience) or PhD in a life science discipline. Engineering, Bioinformatics, chemistry or environmental science background is a plus. The ideal candidate will minimally have completed a life science-based doctoral graduate program or have equivalent work experience.
- Candidates must have a passion for science education and be excited to work as part of a dynamic, fast paced, and highly motivated team.
- Candidates must have balanced laboratory skills including molecular biology, protein biochemistry, and bioinformatics analysis.
- Candidates should have a broad knowledge base of biology and science in general
- Computer programming experience is a plus
- Candidates should have some teaching experience and those who have experience working with teachers to deliver new classroom content are preferred.
- Candidates with product development experience in industry are highly desirable.
- Candidates must have strong analytical and verbal/written communication skills, and be able to think and work independently while handling multiple projects and priorities.
- Candidates should have excellent organizational and time management
- Postdoctoral experience is preferred but not required.
To Apply: Visit BioRad Job