The Senior Scientist – Molecular Diagnostics will lead a team in supporting ongoing development of our molecular diagnostic products and clinical services. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of molecular biology and next generation sequencing, including data interpretation, and has a proven track record of building and supporting scalable, clinical-grade NGS and other molecular assays in a dynamic multidisciplinary environment. Responsibilities of this position include supporting the development and optimization of new and existing NGS-based and molecular clinical diagnostic tests. The high complexity nature of the work requires excellent attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task, manage schedules and work in a team environment.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- A PhD in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry or Genetics required
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in industry and/or Academia required; 5 -10 years of relevant biosciences experience with DNA sequencing and Genotyping platforms preferred
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate scientific results in internal and external presentations and publications
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, fast paced team environment; ability to independently manage multiple projects of varying degrees of complexity
- Deep understanding and familiarity with molecular biology methodology used for clinical applications; Competitive candidates should be comfortable interacting with clinical investigators
- Demonstrated expertise in molecular biology and understanding of the principals and practices of the following skills/ techniques strongly preferred:
- PCR, qPCR using TaqMan and SYBR green analysis, DNA Sequencing (NGS and Sanger) protocols and various target-enrichment approaches
- Expertise in wide range of customized assay designs for pharmacogenetics, bacterial identification and resistance markers, specific cancer types and B-cell receptor rearrangements
- Demonstrated use of lab automation for DNA/RNA extraction and liquid handler platforms
- Expertise with design and development of CGH assays for analysis of cancer samples
- Demonstrated practical use of various qPCR and DNA sequencing platforms, including operation, maintenance and calibration (e.g. ViiA7, QuantStudio, MiSeq, 3130xL, NextSeq, etc)
- Good understanding of NGS data management and analysis (e.g. MiSeq Reporter, VariantStudio, NextGENe, Partek, IGV etc)
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality, including working with quality officers to ensure compliance with CLIA and other regulatory bodies
To apply, please visit the Aegis website.