iBiology is seeking a full-time Associate Director who will be involved in overseeing the production of science videos and engaging in communication/outreach with the scientific and educational communities.
The Associate Director's responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Director on video production pipelines, including identifying seminar topics, working with speakers, and creating educational materials to accompany talks
- Developing and executing strategies to disseminate information on iBiology talks for academic and non-academic audiences worldwide
- Developing and maintaining a network of iBiology volunteers, including iBiology's international volunteer program
- Writing about iBiology in blogs and newsletters, and maintaining a social media presence
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D. in the biological sciences (or equivalent)
- Experience and/or demonstrated passion for science communication and education
- Superb presentation and written communication skills; ability to be creative and engaging in written communication
- Proven relationship-building skills with people from various backgrounds and cultural landscapes
- An enthusiastic and positive team player with strong interpersonal skills who is able to work well in a small team
- Well organized, detailed oriented and able to prioritize and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Interest and/or experience with international scientific communities
Grant-funded staff position with American Society for Cell Biology, including salary and benefits commensurate with experience. EOE.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com