Rep. Diane Black seeks a Health Care Policy Fellow in her Washington, D.C. office
In this position, the Legislative Fellow will act as legislative and administrative support to the policy team as it relates to health care initiatives. The Fellow will provide research and legislative drafting support while achieving a basic understanding of health policy and the role of legislative support on Capitol Hill. The goal is that the fellow will gain an understanding of jurisdiction, statutory origins, and the future of health policy. The goal of this fellowship is to raise the level of expertise of the candidate so that he or she can advance on Capitol Hill or in the health care policy industry.
· Will serve as a health policy researcher, fact-checker and legislative aide
· Will assist in the drafting of health related remarks and statements
· Will be responsible for weekly one-pager on most up-to-date and relevant health policy updates/changes
· Will perform research and write memorandum on health assignments
· Will draft background materials as assigned
· Will track responses to letters sent to Administration officials
Interested candidates should email Ellen.Cain@mail.house.gov with a cover letter and resume as soon as possible. Fellowships may begin as early January 2015. Duration of the fellowship can be flexible, based on the candidates eligibility.