Interdisciplinary Scientist, Bioinformatician
Food and Drug Administration, College Park, MD
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located in the Food and Drug Administration Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition Office of Analytics and Outreach, Division of Public Health Informatics and Analytics, Biostatistics Branch.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Only experience gained by closing date announcement will be considered.
- One year probationary period may be required.
- Serves as a geneticist, bioinformatics, and senior research assistant.
- Conceptualizes and formulates productive research ideas or approaches and identifies, defines, and/or selects specific problems for study.
- Determines time and resources required to analyze experiments and establishes plans and schedules.
- Attends conferences, meetings, and lectures on subjects relevant to the research program.
For more information about qualifications, benefits, and how to apply, go to USAJOB posting; Job announcement Number FDA-CFSAN-14-DE-1076969MT.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 11, 2014