DuPont Pioneer is looking for qualified candidates (Ph.D. and M.S.) in the areas of quantitative genetics, molecular genetics, biostatistics, computational biology, etc. While DuPont Pioneer is a company vested in agriculture (mainly plant sciences), they are one that needs individuals in the areas mentioned above to increase innovation and remain a leader in the agriculture field. Most positions are located throughout the Midwest (Des Moines, IA is the largest site) and in Wilmington, DE (DuPont international headquarters).
Even though a trainee at Vanderbilt would not have a plant genetics or plant breeding background, it is not necessary, as many of the methods and key concepts directly relate to both biomedical sciences and the ag sciences.
Here is a brief description of what DuPont Pioneer would be looking for in a molecular research scientist:
- PhD in agriculture or scientific field and minimum of 0-4 years industry related experience or relevant amounts of education and experience preferred. Post doctoral experience may serve as industry related experience.
- An independent, highly motivated, and self-directed scientist is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge and applied research experience in genomics and molecular biology.
- Strong communication skills and a proven ability to work well in a team environment.
- Experience or familiarity with quantitative/population genetics, meta-analysis and genome-wide prediction methods.
- Knowledge of new statistical, breeding, and genomic analysis and technology applications.
- Supervision/management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills.
To apply to any of these jobs, visit: http://careers.dupont.com/jobsearch/.