Principal Scientist – Immunotherapy-BIO003954
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced principal scientist with a strong understanding of Biologics drug development to join our Immunotherapy (Autoimmunity/Inflammation) Discovery team at Merck, Boston. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and executing antibody drug discovery projects including the development and execution of experimental strategies to define the mechanism of action of, and mechanism of resistance to, immune- therapeutic agents. The ideal candidate will have solid hands on experience in immunotherapy, specifically autoimmunity/inflammation, including both in vitro and in vivo models. Prior experience with in vivo disease models and multiparameter FACS required. The selected candidate will be a hands on manager of direct reports and is expected to work at the bench as needed. The candidate is expected to be up to date on advanced technologies for immunotherapy and actively apply new concepts as appropriate to continuously improve functional are capabilities. This position reports to the Executive Director of Immunotherapy at Merck, Boston.
• PhD with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in industry or academia, preferably in immunology or relevant cell biology.
• A minimum of 5 years of post-doctoral experience.
• Experience in immunotherapy (autoimmunity/inflammation).
• Candidate must have expertise in developing in vitro and in vivo assays to investigate immune function and possess a deep knowledge of technologies commonly used to assess immune endpoints.
• Experience with multi-parameter FACS is required. Candidate should have experience in the growth and maintenance of human cell lines, proliferation and apoptosis assays, immunoassay techniques/platforms (e.g. MLR, ELISA, Mesoscale).
• Candidate should be a strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and with a demonstrated ability to work independently to design experiments, interpret data, troubleshoot, and suggest next steps.
• Experience in pharmaceutical drug discovery particularly using therapeutic antibodies and or fusion proteins.
• Experience with in vivo disease models and an understanding of the PK and PD of biologics
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Visit this site for your interest in the posting.