The Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center is looking to hire a term position as a Research Analyst III.
Independently, performs a wide variety of complex and independent activities to plan, organize, and conduct social, economic, or health related research.
Key Functions and Expected Performance:
1. Plan, conduct, and evaluate investigations relating to research studies
1a. Interpret and analyze data appropriately
1b. Prepare progress reports requiring in-depth analysis, recommendations, and/or conclusions.
2. Establish research protocols and select data sources
2a. Define goals for recruitment of study participants
2b. Set parameters to conduct interviews
2c. Create database files
2d. Record information
3. Serve as primary contact with principal investigator
3a. Assist in developing plans for research studies
3b. Discuss interpretation of results
3c. Prepare manuscripts for publication
4. Make oral and/or written presentation of study concepts
4a. Presentation are completed in a professional manner according to accepted practices
5. Keep abreast of trends in field of study
5a. Read professional journals and attend meetings and/or seminars
6. Supervise Research Analyst I and II, technical support staff and student assistants and post doctoral fellows
6a. Plan and assign work
6b. Train and develop as appropriate
A Term position is a staff position that exists for a period longer than six months but is not expected to last beyond one year. Although a position may exist for a specified or indefinite period, staff who accept term positions are not guaranteed employment for the entire period; they are employed for indefinite periods within the limit of the appointment. There are no guarantees of continued employment, either within the term or when the term ends.