Works closely with FASEB leadership to develop and articulate public policy positions in the interest of investiga tors in the biomedical sciences
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches, develops, and drafts policy statements, letters, newsletter articles, congressional testimony, background papers, and press releases, using appropriate and accurate scientific information.
- Writes reports, position papers, and internal and external meeting summaries for FASEB Board, committees, and society staff.
- Performs data analysis in support of FASEB reports, policy statements, PowerPoint presentations, and background papers.
- Serves as a liaison to FASEB committees and provides analytic, technical, and administrative support for FASEB Board, committees, and conferences.
- Monitors the Federal Register weekly and reports on government actions, and policy statements of interest to FASEB and FASEB societies.
- Executes special projects authorized by FASEB Board and Committees.
- Coordinates FASEB initiatives with Society Public Affairs staff and coalition partners.
Master's Degree Science or PhD. preferred in Science, Communication or Public Policy
One to three years experience in government, public or private research institutions or professional associations or professional societies. Previous experience working with science policy issues preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent Interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently on several tasks simultaneously. Excellent Data Analysis and proficient
To apply and for additional information, please go to: JOB
Seem more employment opportunities with FASEB here.