The Simons Foundation is seeking a highly motivated Scientific Associate for the Simons Collaboration on the Global Brain (SCGB) to assist with the coordination, implementation and monitoring of the SCGB program. The Scientific Associate will report to the SCGB Scientific Officer and interact with members of the collaboration.
- Monitoring the scientific content and administration of the SCGB grant portfolio
- Providing input in the design and implementation of new SCGB initiatives
- Facilitating interaction and collaboration among investigators in the SCGB
- Organizing and participating in workshops and other meetings
- Promoting investigator participation in conferences, workshops and symposia
- Participating in the funding decision process, including the preparation of requests for applications (RFAs) and the review of proposals
- Organizing and participating in site visits as needed
- Interacting with other programs, scientists and administrative staff at the Simons Foundation
- Staying abreast of the field of research
- Ph.D. or M.D. in a relevant field required, post-doctoral experience preferred
- A broad knowledge of the relevant scientific landscape and background knowledge in systems neuroscience and/or computational neuroscience is desired.
- Ability to plan and manage complex, long-term projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to clearly communicate science to varied audiences
- Ability to interact with a diverse array of scientists, funders and the general public is highly valued.
- Proactive, collaborative, agreeable and empathic personality
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
- Must have passion for learning new material
- Willingness to travel to meetings in the United States and abroad
For more information about the SCGB program can be found here.
The Simons Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.