The L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science program recognizes and rewards the contributions women make in STEM fields and identifies exceptional women researchers committed to serving as role models for younger generations. More than 2,250 women scientists in over 110 countries have been recognized since the program began in 1998.
In the US, the L’Oréal USA For Women In Science fellowship program awards five post‐doctoral women scientists annually with grants of $60,000 each. Applicants are selected from a variety of fields, including the life and physical/material sciences, technology (including computer science), engineering, and mathematics.
I invite you to collaborate with us and spread the word to your community about this special fellowship program for exceptional female post‐doctoral researchers who are also committed to serving as role models for the next generation of girls in STEM.
Applications will open on November 28, 2016 and are due by February 3, 2017.
I have attached materials to help you share information about this prestigious fellowship program, and hope that with your help we can encourage some of your institution’s outstanding women post‐docs to apply.
The application and more information about the L’Oréal USA For Women in Science program can be found at www.lorealusa.com/forwomeninscience.
Should you have any questions or require additional information, please e‐mail me at RPacifico@us.loreal.com.
- Awards 5 annual $60K fellowships (each payment in two installments)
- Must be female post-doc, PhD (non-faculty) candidates. PhD must be earned by Feb 3, 2017.
- Areas of Research: Life/Physical Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
- Must commit to mentorship of young women and girls in science (awardees must commit 20 hours)
- Must be US citizen
- NO institutional applicant limit