The Center for Biomedical Career Development (cBCD) within UMass Medical School’s Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS) supports the career and professional development of ~700 doctoral and postdoctoral biomedical trainees at UMass Medical School while contributing to the scholarship of the field.
We are seeking to hire a postdoctoral fellow to join our efforts in developing, implementing, evaluating, and disseminating career development programs for doctoral and postdoctoral scholars in the biomedical sciences. This is a full-time training position intended to prepare a scientist interested in moving into career development, curriculum development, academic administration, policy, or similar career paths while bringing a scholarly perspective to their future endeavor. This could also be an initial step toward education research. The postdoctoral fellow will contribute to or be responsible for a range of projects within the cBCD related to our NIH Broadening Experiences in Scientific Training (BEST) grant. The postdoctoral fellow will have the opportunity to attend regional or national conference(s) to better learn the depth and breadth of the field. The individual will report to the Assistant Dean, Career & Professional Development and work closely with the Assistant Director.
Example responsibilities include:
- Contributing to development and implementation of existing and new curricula and programs
- Collecting, analyzing, and interpreting evaluation data
- Proposing and preparing visualizations of quantitative data
- Developing or updating resources for internal and external audiences, such as trainees, faculty, or career development professionals. For example: Observing workshops, courses, or other program elements to develop resources for disseminating lesson design and rationale, evaluation metrics and outcomes, or teaching materials for use at other universities
- Meeting with students in career counseling appointments
- Reaching out to employers in a variety of scientific career paths
- Other duties as is necessary
For complete details and application instructions, see: http://www.ummsjobs.com/job/1326/
Candidates are encouraged to apply by April 18. All applicants should submit a CV (or resume) and cover letter, saved as a single file in .pdf format, through the UMassMed HR link above. You are also encouraged to send a copy of the .pdf file directly to firstname.lastname@example.org