Registration is now open for the annual GradSTEP conference sponsored by the VU Center for Teaching. Held in January each year, GradSTEP provides several workshops and discussions on teaching, learning, and professional development issues across the disciplines. All Vanderbilt graduate and professional students, as well as post-doctoral fellows, are invited to attend.
GradSTEP 2014 will focus on Students as Producers: Developing dynamic learning in a virtual and real-world setting and will be held Saturday, January 25th, in Light Hall. The event will begin with a plenary session in which a panel of faculty and students examine two examples of Vanderbilt faculty enabling students to produce works for authentic audiences. Participants then select three workshops in sequential sessions. Workshops include the following:
- Using Wikis
- Service Learning
- Interactive Lecturing
- Team-based Learning
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
- Research and Design Projects in Classes
- Professional Development for Humanities and Social Sciences
- Professional Development for STEM
- Active Learning in Intro Classes
- Technology in the Classroom
- Managing Difficult Discussions
- Interdisciplinarity in the Classroom
Lunch is provided for registered participants! Registration for GradSTEP is available now.