BRET Career Development Social Media Training Intern
The Office of Career Development within the Biomedical Research Education and Training Department of the School of Medicine is seeking an training intern for strategic planning and content management of the BRET Career Development blog, online newsletter, and website. This person will also explore social media venues in which to best publicize and communicate BRET resources and programs. This position will further gain an understanding of program management and administration in the career development office of a higher education program.
Specifically this person will:
- Scout content and maintain the daily posting of the Career Development blog.
- Create the Career Development newsletter every other Monday.
- Research, plan, develop, and implement a social media strategy appropriate for the office and its constituents
- Write articles, blog posts, website content, and announcements as needed.
- Other career-related projects relating to the development and publicity of the Office of Career Development.
Skills to be developed and/or honed through the internship include:
- Program Administration
- Career Planning
- Social Media awareness
- Resume/CV and Cover Letter skills
A strong interest in career development and planning, higher education, writing, and social media strategy is necessary for the opportunity. The internship requires 5-6 hours a week and will begin mid-September, 2013, and will end mid-December, 2013. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter, detailing why you would be a good fit for this internship and how your schedule will allow for this opportunity.
Position located in 340 Light Hall.
Please explore our website before applying: https://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/career-development/.
Contact Kate Stuart, Program Coordinator, Office of Career Development, to apply.