Versatile PhD will host a free web-based asynchronous panel discussion on Careers in Informal Science Education, February 23-27. All panelists are PhDs or ABDs from STEM fields:
- a biochemist who is now Director of Science and Integrated Strategies at a major science and industry museum
- a neurologist who is now Public Outreach Manager at a scientific association
- an electrical engineer who after a long ISE career in museums and higher ed is now at the Department of Education
- an oceanographer who is Citizen Science Coordinator at a major national museum
- a kinesiologist who after a significant research career did a major pivot and now does Science Outreach for the NIH
More information here: http://vphd.info/1BzmQy5
You can interact with our panelists throughout the week on the site, or follow the discussion via email. All questions welcome, from the most general to the very specific.
People like you have said:
"The participants are extremely knowledgeable, experienced, and giving with their time and advice. Every resource, from the discussion forum to the career panels to the PhD Career Finder serves to propel one forward on their career path."
"The sea change for me was a panel of post PhDs who came back to speak about their experiences leaving: how, why, outcome. Hearing their experiences made me realize that there was hope, and that I could find a life outside."