Versatile PhD will host a free web-based asynchronous panel discussion on Careers in Technology Transfer, September 14-18. All panelists are PhDs from STEM fields:
- A Microbiologist who is Technology Licensing Officer at a US university
- A Biochemist who is Technology Commercialization Manager at a national lab
- A Pathologist with extensive technology transfer experience in both university and hospital settings
- A Physical Chemist who is Director of Research Partnerships at a Canadian university
- A Chemist who is Technology Commercialization Manager at a multi-national corporation
More information here: http://vphd.info/1PIZHlg
You can interact with panelists throughout the week on the site, or follow the discussion via email. All questions welcome, from the most general to the very specific.
People like you have said:
"The panel discussions bring in people I would never have found on my own. Hearing about different pathways to an alt-ac career narrated by smart, empathetic and compassionate individuals has been infinitely encouraging when making the difficult transition out of the academy."
"The sea change for me was a panel of post PhDs who came back to speak about their experiences leaving: how, why, outcome. Hearing their experiences made me realize that there was hope, and that I could find a life outside."
"Versatile PhD was a great starting place for navigating the non-academic job market once I realized that was where I wanted to go. The organized information about the type of STEM jobs that are available gave me a good overview to structure my search for a career I would be passionate about. I love the daily forum digest and read it every day. The panel discussions are also great."