Locations: U3202 MRB3 and 4141 MRB3
Free to use
The Gel Doc EZ system is a compact and automated gel imaging instrument designed to yield publication-quality images and analyzed results with just the push of a button. The Gel Doc EZ system provides unparalleled flexibility with the use of four application-specific trays:
- UV tray for ethidium bromide staining of DNA gels and fluorescence imaging
- White tray for Coomassie, copper, silver, and zinc stains.
- Blue tray for nucleic acid applications with SYBR® stains
- Stain-free tray for stain-free imaging with Bio-Rad stain-free gels
The intuitive Image Lab™ software bundled with the Gel Doc EZ gel imaging system includes capabilities such as auto image capture, auto analysis, user preferences, and many other features, making gel imaging and analysis incredibly easy.
Features and Benefits of the Gel Doc EZ system
- Easy to use — Researchers unfamiliar with the Gel Doc EZ imaging system can learn to use it quickly and easily because there is no need for manual control of filters, lens, or lights. Create a default protocol once, then use the green button on the front of the instrument to use these gel imaging and analysis settings time and again.
- Publication-quality images and full data analysis — Get clean and smooth publication-ready images with decreased pixelation when images are cropped or zoomed. Output analyzed results including relative molecular weights, bands quantitation, Excel reports, PDFs, and more in a matter of minutes.
- Time and space savings — Obtain results faster without spending time on various steps in image acquisition and save valuable bench space using this compact system.
- Modular design and flexible options — Use specific trays for different gel imaging applications. Clearly defined and color-coded trays eliminate confusion. Purchase only what you need and upgrade as your research needs change.
- Stain-free technology — Condense your 2 hr Coomassie protocol into a 5 min stain-and-image step with this stain-free gel imaging system. Bio-Rad stain-free gels are western blot compatible, allowing you to check electrophoresis results and quality prior to western blotting. These “green” gels provide equal or better sensitivity than Coomassie staining and eliminate organic waste disposal problems.
Site information was reprinted from the manufacture's link below.