2023 Cell Dynamics Symposium
The Department of Cell and Developmental Biology at Vanderbilt University will host our fourth Cell Dynamics Symposium on May 18th & May 19th, 2023.This event will be held on the Vanderbilt Campus and features the world class speakers listed below. Vanderbilt has a vibrant scientific community with a large number of investigators working on various aspects of cell dynamics, this symposium attracts interest from across the entire campus and includes attendees from other institutions in the region.
The Cell Dynamics Symposium is free to attend thanks in part by a grant from the Company of Biologists, funding from Howard Hughes Medical Institute and several Vanderbilt organizations including the BRET Office, the Department of Biological Sciences, Epithelial Biology Center, the Vanderbilt Brain Institute and the Department of Cell and Developmental Biology.
- Daniel Colón-Ramos, Ph.D., Yale, presents “Molecular mechanisms of synaptic assembly and function: Lesson from C.elegans”
- George Langford, Ph.D., Syracuse University, presents “Inclusivity in cell biology: cultural identity and the power of authenticity “
- Erika Matunis, Ph.D., Johns Hopkins, presents “Finding your niche – Stem Cell Dynamics in the Drosophila Testis”
- Dyche Mullins, Ph.D., UCSF, HHMI, presents “Prime Moves of Cell Biology: The most ancient molecular motors and how they work.”
- Jin Zhang, Ph.D., UC San Diego, presents “Illuminating the Biochemical Activity Architecture of the Cell”
You must register for this event, follow this link to register.
Can’t remember if you have registered? Follow this link to the Google Sheet, note the date on the top of the report.
Agenda: 2023 Symposium on Cell Dynamics
To access the 2023 Cell Dynamics Symposium Booklet, click the picture below:
this is our working agenda, visit again for updates
- Thursday May 18
- 3:30 pm Registration / Furman Hall Lobby
- 4 pm Welcome from Ian Macara and Provost Cybele Raver
- 4:20 pm Daniel Colón-Ramos / 114 Furman Hall
- 5:30 – 6:45 pm Reception & Poster Session / Kissam Lobby
- 7:15 pm Committee / Speaker Dinner with achievement award winners, off campus
- Friday May 19
- 8:30 am Coffee & Conversations / Wilson Hall Lobby
- 9 am Welcome / 103 Wilson Hall
- 9:10 am Dyche Mullins / 103 Wilson Hall
- 10:00 am Presentations by Achievement Award Winners / 103 Wilson Hall
- Caroline Cencer (Tyska lab)
- Bhawik Kumar Jain, Ph.D. (Graham lab)
- Indrayani Waghmare, Ph.D. (Page-McCaw lab)
- 10:45 am coffee break / Wilson Hall Lobby
- 11:00 am Diversifying Cell Biology / 103 Wilson Hall – session moderated by André L. Churchwell. M.D. Vice Chancellor for Outreach, Inclusion and Belonging and Chief Diversity Officer for Vanderbilt University. Presentations by George Langford and Daniel Colón-Ramos
- 12:30-1:30 pm Lunch / Moore Great Room
- 12:30-1:30 pm Roundtables with Speakers / Kissam 210
- 1:30-2:30 pm Poster Session / Kissam Lobby
- 2:45 pm Erika Matunis / 103 Wilson Hall
- 3:45 pm coffee break / Wilson Hall Lobby
- 4:10 pm Jin Zhang / 103 Wilson Hall
- 5:10 pm conclusion of Symposium
- 6:00 pm Faculty Dinner honoring speakers, on campus
Please contact Susan Walker firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about this event.