We provide technical support and training for the following applications used by the School of Medicine:
- VSTAR Learn: Course creation, quizzes, gradebook (scoring, formatting, categorization), best practices and consultation.
- VSTAR Portfolio: Complete weekly logs, personalized learning goals, self reflections, self assessment, and of-course discuss all of this with your portfolio advisors.Form creation (1 week lead time), Account creation, Assistance with Activity, Group, or Collection setup, Portfolio Coach Cycle support, troubleshooting.
- VSTAR PEN (Patient Encounter Notes): Creation of accounts, association with departments, troubleshooting.
- Online Grading: The school of Medicine tool to post student's final course grades, including formative and summative comments.
- VSTAR Help: This is a single point of contact help desk for support and self-help resources. Users can search for available articles or create new tickets for troubleshooting.
- Qualtrics - Evaluation tool for Assessing courses and programs.
- CurriculumMap: A Mapping tool for the competencies.
We provide onsite support, during office hours 8:00AM-5:00PM, Monday - Friday, for these types of assessments:
- NBME Technical support - Shelf Exams, Customized Assessments, and Advanced Clinical Exams
- VC3 Assessment
- UME weekly quizzes and end-of-block exams
We provide consultation, training, and support for faculty and staff in developing learning content and assessments for Curriculum 2.0
Our goal is to provide you with the highest quality services with the resources available. To that end, the Office of Education Design and Informatics (EDI) requests its clients adhere to certain guidelines so that EDI can provide a quality product in a timely fashion.
If you need assistance with an issue, please refer to VSTAR Help and search the knowledge base before scheduling a training session.
Tech TLC and Office Hours
Tech TLC sessions are specialized product training sessions for core products. If you need introductory training for VSTAR Learn and Portfolio, please attend one of these sessions.
Office hours provide training for anyone who needs assistance with specialized areas. We can assist with training in more detailed areas than covered in the Tech TLC sessions, like setting up the VSTAR Learn gradebook, or Portfolio collections.To schedule a session please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
drop-in sessions are geared towards an introduction and overview of supported systems: primarily Learn and Portfolio.
2nd Tuesday of each month - 10AM - Light Hall 412
4th Thursday of each month - 2PM - Light Hall 419D
If your team has specific/multiple training goals request a group training session. We will schedule a specific time and place that works best for your team. Please provide us at least one week to prepare an individualized training experience. We will provide you with digital documentation. Please let us know if physical handouts are preferred. To schedule a group training session, please contact email@example.com.
If you are interested in learning about a VSTAR product for the first time, or have specific learning goals please consider attending a Tech TLC. Advanced and individualized training is available. To schedule an individual training session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some supported product training is available through other locations. At the moment, CME training is primarily available through the OCPD office.
We provide support where required for the integration of StarPanel notes into VSTAR PEN, making sure user accounts are setup properly in each system, and if necessary directing students, faculty and staff to additional support. We provide similar assistance to students for access to the Virtual Clinical Workstations, and provide documentation on how to setup the VMWARE access to available resources.