What We Do
The Student Records team is responsible for maintaining and supporting all academic documents for students at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. Our core functions include:
- Registering students in classes in FMK, FCC and Immersion phases
- Processing course registration and add/drops
- Verifying and recording grades
- Verifying of academic standing
- Verifying graduation requirements for students applying to residency programs
- Processing documentation related to medical license application or changes
- Providing support for away rotations
Our office handles a high volume of phone calls, walk ins and emails. Although of course we understand that sometimes emergencies happen, we respectfully request that you give us 3-5 days to process any verification request.
The Student Records office is located in 303 Light Hall. Our office hours are from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday. We know that it’s quite often not convenient to drop by our office. Visit the Forms page to find the form that will enable you to do what you need to do.
Most institutions use VSAS to process their applications for clinical electives. Vanderbilt University School of Medicine students may opt to take up to 3 away clinical rotations. View answers to common questions about the Away Rotations process. It is important that Vanderbilt students rotate at an institution that has an Affiliation Agreement established. View a list of over 150 institutions that have an Affiliation Agreement with Vanderbilt. Download a “how to” fact sheet from VSAS.