Xantus LCP Robot
The Xantus automated liquid handling platform (Zinsser) is a modular robotic pipetting platform designed for preparation of lipidic cubic phase (LCP) crystallization trials for high-throughput membrane protein structure determination.
- Deck footprint (SBS-based) is compatible with standard hardware used in protein crystallization (96-well 2 mL deep-well bocks, 96-well micro-titer plates) eliminating the need for expensive, custom hardware.
- Flexible deck layout accommodates experimental customization.
- 8 probes with independent liquid detection controlled by an integrated pump system capable of dispensing 1 nL to 2 mL sample volumes.
- Freedom of movement of the probe arm in 3 dimensions (x, y, and z).
- Efficient setup time: 7-9 min per 96-well plate
- Minimal sample consumption: 5-10 µL of protein sample per 96-well plate
- Initial screening and condition optimization are performed using a single program method.
- User-friendly, GUI-based software controls all the robotics, which allows for safe and reproducible experimental conditions.
Crystallization trial experiments can be performed quickly and efficiently in 96 well plates, using the Mosquito, a nanoliter dispensing high-throughput robot.
- Uses disposable tips on a reel to dispense the sample from an 8-slot strip and a 96-well tray to a single drop in a sitting or hanging drop setup.
- Offers the ability to use a small amount of protein/DNA in high-throughput broad crystallization screening with no cross-contamination.
- Ratio of sample: solution, drop size, and number of samples per tray can be altered for each screen.
- Efficient setup time: 2 min per 96-well plate
- Minimal sample consumption: 10-50 µL of protein sample per 96-well plate
The Hamilton MICROLAB STARlet robot performs liquid handling tasks and is based on superior air displacement pipetting technology. This increases accuracy and repeatability while providing chain of custody with pipette condition monitoring and recording. The robot has eight arms that work simultaneously, and the software is completely customizable to our needs.