MVA’s community engagement pillar builds bridges and strategic partnerships across Meharry, Vanderbilt and community organizations that address the needs of diverse and underserved populations. Our vision is to promote health equity through partnerships with stakeholders.
- Develop and support strategic partnerships that focus on health issues of mutual concern.
- Understand the unique issues impacting the community, foster the use of evidence-based practices and employ a health equity lens in community engagement programming and planning.
- Engage in teaching and training to build capacity among MVA’s internal and external partners to address health issues of mutual concern and to ensure best practices in community engagement
- Support mutually beneficial research partnerships and scholarly activities that promote health equity
- Connect community partners to the resources at Meharry and Vanderbilt, including faculty expertise and student service learning
- Provide students with opportunities that expand their understanding of community health improvement and the principles of community engagement, enhancing the ability of students to impact community health.