Research Progress Assessment
The thesis requirement is met by satisfying criteria set forth by the Research Review Committee (RRC) and the Academic Progress and Promotion Committee (APPC). Typically, completion of the following goals will demonstrate progress towards the thesis requirement unless otherwise agreed by the APPC.
By the end of the following terms the student will:
First year – Fall
- Complete successfully the course Research for Genetic Counselors 1 (GC6610), including timely submission of all required assignments.
First year – Spring
- Complete successfully the course Research for Genetic Counselors 2 (GC6615), including timely submission of all required assignments. This includes completion of thesis proposal and its approval after presenting it to the student’s thesis committee.
Second year – Fall
- Complete predetermined goals set jointly with the student’s thesis committee by the end of the summer. These goals may include Institutional Review Board Approval, plan for data analysis, submission of first figure and completion of an outline of manuscript.
Second year – Spring
- Submit to committee for approval a manuscript formatted for the target journal and
- Present thesis to committee and other invited members of faculty.