Meet the Vanderbilt MSTP Incoming Class of 2018!

Posted by on Wednesday, June 27, 2018 in Student Spotlight .

M1s at retreat.jpeg

The Vanderbilt MSTP is excited to introduce the incoming class of 2018, who started the program orientation on June 19th. They hail from all over the world, and we are delighted to have such a diverse group of people join our program. Welcome, new M1s!

(Above from left to right. Back row – Matt Loberg, Donald Okoye, Emily Chu, Seth Reasoner, Stephanie Cajigas, Yasminye Pettway, Matthew O'Neill, Simone Herzberg, Allie Lake, Riley Bergman, John Shelley, Emilie Fisher, Zach Jones, Xavier Bledsoe)

RB.jpg

Riley Bergman
Where are you from? Portage, MI
Where did you go to college and what did you study? University of Michigan, Biology and Spanish
What is a fun fact about yourself? I've been skydiving and bungee jumping

XB.jpg

Xavier Bledsoe
Where are you from? St. Louis, MO
Where did you go to college and what did you study? Princeton University, Political Theory
What is a fun fact about yourself? I am a twin! (dizygotic)

SC.jpg

Stephanie Cajigas
Where are you from? Westchester, NY
Where did you go to college and what did you study? Columbia University, Neuroscience
What is a fun fact about yourself? I have a tiny Pomeranian named Cece

EC.jpg

Emily Chu
Where are you from? St Louis, MO
Where did you go to college and what did you study? Washington University in St. Louis, Biomedical Engineering
What is a fun fact about yourself? I enjoy learning different dances such as Tinikling or Tango.

EF.jpg

Emilie Fisher
Where are you from? Portland, OR
Where did you go to college and what did you study? Scripps College, Biophysics
What is a fun fact about yourself? I once built a 3D printer using another 3D printer.

SH.jpg

Simone Herzberg
Where are you from? Portland, OR and Seattle, WA
Where did you go to college and what did you study? Seattle Pacific University, Physiology and French
What is a fun fact about yourself? I accidentally co-piloted a plane in Belize.

ZJ.jpg

Zachary Jones
Where are you from? Middletown, DE
Where did you go to college and what did you study? University of Delaware, Biochemistry
What is a fun fact about yourself? I learned how to ballroom dance, and my favorite styles are salsa and swing!

AL.jpg

Allie Lake
Where are you from? St. Louis, MO
Where did you go to college and what did you study? Haverford College, Math and Computer Science
What is a fun fact about yourself? I have three older siblings who are triplets! I am the singleton, born 6 years later.

ML.jpg

Matthew Loberg
Where are you from? Salem, OR
Where did you go to college and what did you study? The College of Wooster, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
What is a fun fact about yourself? I played Club Quidditch in college!

DO.jpg

G. Donald Okoye
Where are you from? Nigeria
Where did you go to college and what did you study? Sewanee:The University of the South, Biochemistry
What is a fun fact about yourself? Born in another time, I might have become a pro tennis player.

MO.jpg

Matthew O'Neill
Where are you from? Greensboro, NC
Where did you go to college and what did you study? Notre Dame, Biochemistry
What is a fun fact about yourself? I had a fantastic time in Germany.

YP.jpg

Yasminye Pettway
Where are you from? Birmingham, AL
Where did you go to college and what did you study? Duke University, Biology major, Computational Biology minor
What is a fun fact about yourself? I can quilt!

SR.jpg

Seth Reasoner
Where are you from? Brownsburg, IN
Where did you go to college and what did you study? Berea College in Kentucky, Chemistry/Biochemistry
What is a fun fact about yourself? I enjoy guiding people on trips to explore caves—there are lots of large caves in Kentucky and Tennessee.

JS.jpg

John Shelley
Where are you from? Eufaula, AL
Where did you go to college and what did you study? University of Alabama at Birmingham, Public Health
What is a fun fact about yourself? I had an iguana for a week when I was six. It slapped me in the face with its tail and my parents made me take it back to the pet store.