The Academy for Excellence in Education provides a forum to foster higher levels of participation and promote excellence and scholarship in the delivery of education to health professions.
The Center for Experiential Learning and Assessment provides an educationally rich environment for training healthcare professions using simulations.
The Center for Professional Health provides education and training to physicians and other healthcare professionals on substance abuse, professionalism, distressed/disruptive behaviors and patient safety.
The Center for Teaching serves the teaching and learning community in all of Vanderbilt's schools. They provide individual consultations, conferences and workshops, web and print resources, and more.
Vanderbilt Biostatistics Clinics are offered weekly to all members of the Vanderbilt and Meharry communities who have methodological questions about their research projects or published articles.
Vanderbilt Institutional Review Board (IRB) reviews all proposed human subject research in accordance with the basic ethical principals and has the authority to approve, require modification of or disapprove all research activities that fall within its jurisdiction.
Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (VICTR) — Vanderbilt’s virtual home for clinical and translational research working to transform the way ideas and research discoveries make their way from origin to patient care. Funded in part by the NIH Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA).
Vanderbilt School of Nursing works to preserve and advance the art and science of nursing in the scholarly domains of education, practice, research and informatics.
Workforce Performance Operations works to supply the tools, techniques and consulting that enable high-impact, cost-effective delivery of the skills and knowledge needed to improve staff performance and enhance patient care.
Association of Standardized Patient Educators
Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
Group on Educational Affairs (GEA)
Team-Based Learning Collaborative
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)
Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME)
The Generalists in Medical Education
American Medical Association (AMA)
The following resources are available for people pursuing research in medical education:
- BioStats Clinics — Investigators needing assistance with experimental design, study design, data analysis, data display, statistical computing and interpretation of results can attend various lunchtime clinics.
- Best Evidence Medical Education (BEME) Collaboration — An international group of individuals, universities and professional organizations committed to the development of evidence informed education in the medical and health professions.
- Educator Development Core (EDC) Newsletter — You can sign up to receive the monthly newsletter to find out about the latest education-related news, events, opportunities, innovations and accomplishments at VUSM.
- Funding Resources
- Journals for Medical Education Scholarship — A list of journals that publish research and scholarship in health sciences education.
- Publications in Health Sciences Education — A list of publications by Vanderbilt faculty and staff, past and present.
- Qualitative Research Resources (compiled fall 2008)
- Reference Articles for Reporting Educational & Clinical Research
- StarBrite — Provides detailed instructions, tools and templates to assist with the planning an implementation of research projects. Vanderbilt login required.
- Vanderbilt Department of Biostatistics
- Vanderbilt Clinical Research Center (CRC) Research Skills Workshops
- Vanderbilt IRB
- Vanderbilt Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (VICTR) — Vanderbilt’s virtual home for clinical and translational research working to transform the way ideas and research discoveries make their way from origin to patient care. Funded in part by the NIH Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA).