The VUMC Office of Research endorses the Vanderbilt University Compliance Program and its commitment to the highest standards of ethical and legal standards of conduct. Our goal is to accomplish our mission of education, research, patient care, and public service with excellence, integrity and responsibility.
Compliance is vital, and we are committed to the responsible conduct of research and the accurate and complete documentation of research. Vanderbilt has adopted policies and procedures designed to encourage compliance by providing support, training and educational resources to its faculty and staff.
To further its commitment to appropriate conduct, Vanderbilt has policies and procedures to address research compliance, including protection from retaliation for individuals who report any known or suspected violations in good faith. Vanderbilt encourages all faculty and staff to report any noncompliance or violation of law or policy including false claims for payment of government funds. It is the duty of all faculty and staff to report Vanderbilt job-related criminal conduct of which they have actual knowledge or Vanderbilt job-related situations that endanger the health and safety of any individual.
Compliance concerns may be reported:
- Directly to a supervisor, a department head, chairperson or to the office charged with the responsibility for ensuring compliance with a specific policy;
- To the Medical Center Compliance Officer at (615) 343-7266 or the University Compliance Manager at (615) 322-5162;
- To Vanderbilt’s independent reporting service, The Network, Inc. This service is available for reporting a concern anonymously, 24 hours/7 days a week. Call toll free at 1-866-783-2287 or file a report online at www.tnwgrc.com/vanderbilt
Available resources and contacts:
- Office of Healthcare Compliance, (615) 343-7266
- Vanderbilt University Compliance Program
- Vanderbilt University Faculty Manual
- Office of Conflict of Interest and Commitment, (615) 322-8363
- School of Medicine Faculty Orientation and Training Office, (615) 322-8384
- Vanderbilt University Human Resources, (615) 343-7000
- Office of Sponsored Programs, (615) 875-6070
- Medical Center Office of Contracts Management, (615) 322-2281
- Medical Center Department of Finance, (615) 322-2381
- Vanderbilt Human Research Protection Program, (615) 322-2918
- Vanderbilt Animal Care and Use Program, (615) 936-8163
- Vanderbilt Division of Animal Care, (615) 322-2231
- Vanderbilt Environmental Health & Safety, (615) 322-2057
- VU Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Disability Services, (615) 322-4705 (V/TDD)