VUMC Rotation Schedules
|Day Call/P||Foot||Ped Ortho||Onc Endo||Foot||VA Vasc||Skills|
- PGY-1 year – General surgery – approx. one month blocks
- PGY-2-5 Ten or Eleven week blocks
- Rotations are designed to pair a senior resident and a junior resident (except: foot/ankle (PGY-3), research (PGY-3), general/fracture (PGY-4) and float (PGY-5).
- Rotations are at the main campus, except for Vanderbilt Bone and Joint (15 minute drive).
- An apprentice model is followed on each service with residents being paired with attendings to provide continuity of care and education.
- Each rotation is done as a junior resident and repeated as a senior resident to provide an optimal educational experience.
- Residents only take call at the main campus (VUMC, VCH, VAMC).
- Call from PGY-2 to PGY-5 years covers all adult and pediatric services with the goal of providing a continuum of care throughout residency for all services and Orthopaedic conditions.