Associate Professor of Neurology
2201 Children's Way, Nashville, TN, 37212-3375
(615) 936-2591 (office)
- McLean MJ. New antiepileptic medications: Pharmacokinetic and mechanistic considerations in the treatment of seizures and epilepsy in the elderly. Seizures and Epilepsy in the Elderly, RE Ramsay and DJ Rowan (eds). Butterworth-Heinemann. 1996.
- Wamil AW, Cheung H, Harris EW, McLean MJ. Remacemide HCI and its metabolite, FPL 12495AA, limit action potential firing frequency and block NMDA responses of mouse spinal cord neurons in cell culture. Epil Res. 1996; 21: 1-13.
- Cavopol AV, Wamil AW, Holcomb RR, McLean MJ. Measurement and analysis of static magnetic fields which block action potentials in cultured neurons. Bioelectromagnetics. 1995; 16: 197-206.
- McLean MJ, Holcomb RR, Wamil AW, Pickett JD, Cavopol AV. Effects of static magnetic fields on action potentials of adult mouse sensory neurons in cell culture: First observations. Bioelectromagnetics. 1995; 16: 20-32.
- Wamil AW, Schmutz M, Portet CH and McLean MJ. Effects of oxcarbazepine and 10-hydroxycarbamazepine on action potential firing and generalized seizures. Eur J Pharmacol. 1994; 271: 301-8.
- Wamil AW, Taylor CP and McLean MJ. Limitation by gabapentin of fast repetitive action potential firing of mouse central neurons in cell culture. Epil Res. 1994; 17: 1-11.
- McLean MJ (corresponding author), Shellenberger K, Wallace J, Ramsay RE, Leppik IE, Rowan JA, writing committee for the US Gabapentin Study Group. Gabapentin as add-on therapy in refractory partial epilepsy: A double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study. Neurology. 1993; 43: 2292-8.
- Wamil AW and McLean MJ. Phenytoin blocks responses to NMDA by mouse central neurons in cell culture. J Pharmacol Exp Therap. 1993; 267: 218-27.
- Wamil AW and McLean MJ. Temperature dependent limitation of rapid action potential firing of mouse spinal cord neurons by MK-801. Eur J Pharmacol. 1993; 230: 263-9.
- McLean MJ, Gupta RC, Dettbarn W-D and Wamil AW. Prophylactic and therapeutic efficacy of memantine and atropine against seizures produced by soman. Toxicol Applied Pharmacol. 1992; 112: 95-103.
- Wamil AW and McLean MJ. Use-, concentration- and voltage-dependent limitation by MK-801 of action potential firing frequency of mouse spinal cord neurons in cell culture. J Pharmacol Exp Therap. 1992; 260: 376-83.
- McLean MJ, Holcomb RR, Wamil AW and Pickett JD. Effect of steady magnetic fields on action potentials of sensory neurons in vitro. Environ Med. 1991; 8: 3645.