What We Do
The NPA is a 501(c)3 educational non-profit organization that seeks sustainable change and improvement for the postdoctoral experience through collaboration with all stakeholders. The NPA's key program activities are focused in three key areas:
Advocacy and Education
We advocate for policies that promote positive change in the postdoctoral experience. We are recognized as the "key driver" in postdoctoral policies. We advocate for policy change within the research institutions that host postdoctoral scholars. Since our founding, more than 150 institutions have adopted portions of the NPA's Recommended Practices. We continue to work with the leadership of federal agencies, such as the National Institutes of Health and the National Science Foundation, to develop new programs and policies for postdoctoral training, compensation, and benefits.
We develop and provide resources that postdocs and administrators need for success. Our resources cover a variety of topics. These resources are available online, with selected resources for members-only.
We provide opportunities for the postdoctoral community to connect. We host annual and regional meetings for the postdoctoral community to gather and enhance their professional development and leadership skills. We also maintain online forums to facilitate information exchange, collaboration, and networking.
The following Links are Websites for other postdoc offices and associations :
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine - The Postdoc Association for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine at Yeshiva University
- Emory University School of Medicine - Office of Postdoctoral Education
- Harvard Medical School Postdoctoral Association
- Johns Hopkins University Postdoctoral Association
- UCSF Postdoctoral Scholars Association
- University of Calgary Postdoctoral Association
- University of Pennsylvania - Office of Postdoctoral Programs
- University of Utah Postdoctoral Scholars Association