Application for Fellowships
Applications for fellowship positions in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychosomatic Medicine are accepted, beginning July 1 each year. Psychiatry residents may apply directly to each of these programs. Because applications are reviewed as they are received, we strongly encourage early application.
For a fellowship applicant to receive full consideration, all of the following documents must be received:
- Properly completed application
- Training Verification Form completed and submitted by your current/previous Training Director
- Evaluation Record of Previous Training Form completed and submitted by your current/previous Training Director
- Up to date CV
- Three current letters of recommendation submitted directly to the Department Training Office
- Copy of Dean’s letter
- Copy of medical school transcripts
- USMLE scores for Step 1, Step 2CK and Step 2CS. Step 3 scores will be required prior to entering the program but are not necessary at the time of application.
- COMLEX scores if applicable
- Copy of ECFMG certificate, if applicable
- All Fellowship applicants must also apply to the NRMP in order to participate in the specialty match
Interviews for the Pschosomatic Medicine Fellowship Program may begin as early as August and may continue through March, depending on the specialty. Because Child & Adolescent participates in the Specialty Match Program, interviews begin in September and conclude in late October, prior to the ranking deadline.
For questions about the Psychosomatic Medicine Fellowship application process, please contact:
Cheryl Casner, Education Specialist
For questions about the Child/Adolescent Fellowship application process, please contact:
Lacey Whitaker, Department Education Assistant
Department of Psychiatry
1601 23rd Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37212-8645