Jennifer C. Thigpen, Ph.D.Research Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Ph.D., Vanderbilt University
M.S., Vanderbilt University
B.A., Stanford University
Dr. Jennifer Thigpen has been a member of the faculty since 2011. She is an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry for the Vanderbilt Center of Excellence for Children in State Custody. There she conducts comprehensive psychological evaluations for high-risk youth and provides consultation and training to community providers. Dr. Thigpen also continues to conduct research looking at the effects of brain tumor diagnosis and treatment on children’s neurocognitive functioning through the Department of Psychology and Human Development.
Evidence-based treatments and intervention research for high-risk youth, complex trauma in youth, neurocognitive effects of pediatric brain tumors
- Compas BE, Forehand R, Thigpen JC, Keller G, Hardcastle EJ, Cole DA, Potts J, H Watson K, Rakow A, Colletti C, Reeslund K, Fear J, Garai E, McKee L, Merchant MJ, Roberts L. Family group cognitive-behavioral preventive intervention for families of depressed parents: 18- and 24-month outcomes. Journal of consulting and clinical psychology 2011 Aug;79(4):488-99. PMID: 21707137.
- Compas BE, Champion JE, Forehand R, Cole DA, Reeslund KL, Fear J, Hardcastle EJ, Keller G, Rakow A, Garai E, Merchant MJ, Roberts L. Coping and parenting: Mediators of 12-month outcomes of a family group cognitive-behavioral preventive intervention with families of depressed parents. Journal of consulting and clinical psychology 2010 Oct;78(5):623-34. PMID: 20873898 PMCID: PMC3030923.
- Robinson KE, Kuttesch JF, Champion JE, Andreotti CF, Hipp DW, Bettis A, Barnwell A, Compas BE. A quantitative meta-analysis of neurocognitive sequelae in survivors of pediatric brain tumors. Pediatric blood & cancer 2010 Sep;55(3):525-31. PMID: 20658625.
- Compas BE, Forehand R, Keller G, Champion JE, Rakow A, Reeslund KL, McKee L, Fear JM, Colletti CJ, Hardcastle E, Merchant MJ, Roberts L, Potts J, Garai E, Coffelt N, Roland E, Sterba SK, Cole DA. Randomized controlled trial of a family cognitive-behavioral preventive intervention for children of depressed parents. Journal of consulting and clinical psychology 2009 Dec;77(6):1007-20. PMID: 19968378 PMCID: PMC2821830.
- Champion JE, Jaser SS, Reeslund KL, Simmons L, Potts JE, Shears AR, Compas BE. Caretaking behaviors by adolescent children of mothers with and without a history of depression. Journal of family psychology : JFP : journal of the Division of Family Psychology of the American Psychological Association (Division 43) 2009 Apr;23(2):156-66. PMID: 19364210 PMCID: PMC2821693.