All incoming students are required to complete an Immunization Requirements Form that includes information regarding university and state-mandated vaccinations, as well as information on other strongly recommended vaccinations. This Immunization Requirements Form should be returned to the Student Health Center with vaccination information. This form also contains important health history information that allows the staff at the Student Health Center to better serve your needs.
Please select the appropriate Immunization Requirements Form for your type of enrollment:
- Undergraduate Immunization Requirements Form
- Graduate Immunization Requirements Form (EXCEPT MS in Nursing (MSN), Medical, Medical Physics, and Hearing and Speech)
- Medical School Immunization Requirements Form (INCLUDES Medical, Hearing and Speech, Medical Physics)
- School of Nursing New Student Requirements Forms (this will link you to the School of Nursing web site for specific Nursing School guidelines and forms)
If you are unable to have a provider complete the above form, other acceptable immunization documents that you may submit include:
- Official State Immunization Documents (copies are acceptable)
- Official signed or certified Medical Records (copies are acceptable)
- Yellow Immunization Cards from your country of origin (copies are acceptable).
*Note that you should review these records before submitting to verify that they have the State of Tennessee and Vanderbilt University required immunizations.
The State of Tennessee requires certain immunizations for all students (undergraduate, graduate, and professional) on university campuses. As such, Vanderbilt University will hold student registration for those who are not in compliance with the requirements. Waivers are only allowed for documented religious or medical exemptions and these must be approved by the University before a student is allowed to register. This waiver process is a collaborative effort between the Student Health Center and the Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, and Disability Services Department at Vanderbilt University; this evaluation can take 3-4 weeks to complete, so we encourage all students to submit their materials as early in the process as possible. Supporting documentation should be faxed to Dr. Jonna Whitman at the Student Health Center at 615-343-0047.