All incoming students are required to complete a Student Health Center Immunization Requirements Form that includes information regarding university and state-mandated vaccinations, as well as information on other strongly recommended vaccinations. This Immunization Requirements Form should be returned to the Student Health Center with vaccination information. This form also contains important health history information that allows the staff at the Student Health Center to better serve your needs.
Other acceptable immunization documents include:
- Official State Immunization Documents (copies are acceptable)
- Official signed or certified Medical Records (copies are acceptable)
- Yellow Immunization Cards from your Country of Origin (copies are acceptable).
The State of Tennessee requires certain immunizations for all students (undergraduate, graduate, and professional) on university campuses. As such, Vanderbilt University will hold student registration for those who are not in compliance with the requirements. Any waivers for vaccines are very strict, and include only certain religious or medical exemptions that must be approved by the Student Health Center. Supporting documentation should be faxed or mailed to Dr. Scarlett Schneider at the Student Health Center.
Please select the appropriate Immunization Requirements Form for your type of enrollment:
- Undergraduate Immunization Requirements Form
- Graduate Immunization Requirements Form (EXCEPT MS in Nursing (MSN), Medical, Medical Physics, and Hearing and Speech)
- Medical School Immunization Requirements Form (INCLUDES Medical, Hearing and Speech, Medical Physics and Masters in Public Health)
- School of Nursing New Student Requirements Forms (this will link you to the School of Nursing web site)