If you have other insurance and do not wish to participate in the Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan offered through Vanderbilt University, you must complete an online waiver form indicating your other insurance information*. The online waiver form must be completed no later than August 1, 2017. International students must waive by September 7, 2017. Spring 2018 Admits must waive by January 1, 2018. In order to be able to waive coverage, your current insurance plan must:
- Be underwritten by an insurance and claims company based in the United States (no international insurance companies)
- Provide access to local doctors, specialists, hospitals and other health care providers in the Vanderbilt University area
- Cover accident and sickness at a minimum of 80% with no lifetime maximum (i.e. unlimited benefit) per accident or sickness
- Cover inpatient and outpatient hospital expenses, outpatient surgical expenses, inpatient and outpatient mental health, prescription drugs, laboratory tests and x-rays, physical therapy, maternity, and home health care
- Provide coverage for medical evacuation and repatriation of remains (international student requirement only)
- Must provide coverage for the period of August 12, 2017 to August 11, 2018
*More information to follow regarding insurance waivers will be available May 1.