If you have other insurance and do not wish to participate in the Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan offered through Vanderbilt University, you must complete an online waiver form indicating your other insurance information*. The online waiver form must be completed no later than August 1, 2017. International students must waive by September 7, 2017. Spring 2018 Admits must waive by January 1, 2018. In order to be able to waive coverage, your current insurance plan must:
In order to submit a waiver, your current health insurance plan must:
- Be provided by an insurance carrier that is based in the United States. International policies, travel insurance and short term medical policies are not acceptable.
- Comply with all provisions of the Affordable Care Act. Policies that are comparable to the Affordable Care Act are not accepted.
- Provide coverage from August 12, 2017 to August 11, 2018.
- Provide an unlimited plan maximum benefit. Plans with maximums on a per illness, per injury, per coverage period, or per lifetime basis will not be accepted.
- Have In-Network Providers located in Nashville, TN.
- Have an In-Network deductible no greater than $150 per policy year for Graduate and International.
- International student plans must exceed the Vanderbilt plan and the coverage for coinsurance must be at least 85% In-Network.
- Have an In-Network deductible no greater than $250 per policy year for Undergraduates
- Provide immediate coverage for Pre-existing Conditions; no waiting period for services.
- Provide coverage for Maternity Coverage and Newborn Care.
- Provide coverage for Mental Health/Substance Abuse with no limits on outpatient or inpatient services.
- Provide coverage for prescription drugs. .
- Provide coverage for Preventive Care Services. This means coverage for routine physicals; physician visits exams; gynecological exams; and coverage for preventive laboratory tests, immunizations, and vaccinations.
- Provide coverage for Emergency Room Services.
- Contain Worldwide Travel Assistance, including unlimited medical evacuation and repatriation of remains.