- You’ll have the unique opportunity to work on an interdisciplinary team.
- You’ll shape other professions’ views of social work.
- You’ll be exposed to a medical setting that you might not otherwise experience.
How do I become part of VPIL?
- All social work students are encouraged to apply to VPIL.
- University of Tennessee Social Work Admissions Application
How will my schedule look different than that of my classmates?
- VPIL fulfills your elective requirement, and hours in clinic can count as part of your field practicum, with approval from your field instructor.
- Since most of the VPIL work is experiential, you’ll have a slightly lighter workload than the rest of your cohort does.