Scientific Software Developer Summer Internship at Enthought
About This Position
Enthought is seeking full-time summer interns to take on challenging projects and work closely with our team of developers in our Austin, TX headquarters and Houston, TX office. We will accept applications for summer internships through November 18th. Internship selections are made by the first week of January. Many summer interns return to Enthought as developers after graduation.
You will work with developers on existing customer and open source projects. Typically, responsibilities include:
- Take ownership of part of a project, develop a plan with your mentor, implement the plan, and review results with your mentor
- Develop application and test code in Python or other language
- Participate in design and implementation discussions to provide ideas and understand the trade-offs involved in different implementations and user interface designs
Projects vary by year and by intern, but some examples of previous summer intern projects include:
- Work on a Machine-learning Assisted Geophysical Interpretation tool
- Research into the printability of solvents used in LCD research, and the prototype printability measurement device
- Implement algorithms for segmenting 3D geophysical data into homogeneous sub-regions
- Write an open-source UI application framework
- Write examples and documentation for DistArray
- Wrap financial libraries using SWIG
Desired Skills and Capabilities
- Good programming skills with strong Python experience (C++ is a plus). A basic understanding of data structures and algorithms, and a desire to learn more.
- A strong interest in science and engineering and curiosity for figuring out how things work.
- Graduate-level research in applied math, science or engineering.
- Experience programming innovative data analysis or visualization.
- Familiarity with software patterns is a bonus.
How To Apply
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and a Python code sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.