All VUSM students are onboarded for VA access at the end of their first year. Before you start an Immersion Phase rotation, be sure your VA computer codes are still active by going to the VA and logging in to any VA computer. See below under VA Computer Codes for instructions on reactivating an expired code.
Note: You MUST renew your mandatory VA training each year. If you do not, you will be locked out of the system and it can take up to 3 days to reactivate. Not having current VA access could result in you having to drop the course.
- You must have your PIV/ID badge to rotate at the VA. It allows you into some secure areas of the hospital and will allow you to log into the VA computer system.
- Your PIV card is good for 3 years.
VA Computer Codes
- The first time you log in, you must pick up your computer codes from Medical Service at the VA at least two weeks before your rotation at the VA. Medical Service is located on the second floor of the VA in room G-205.
- When you receive your computer codes, you will need to log in and make sure they are working correctly.
- Once you have successfully logged in, you will need to log into a VA computer EVERY 30 days to maintain access.
- If you lose computer access due to inactivity, please contact the VA Help Desk at ext. 26500 (from any VA phone).
- The Mandatory Training for Trainee’s course you completed online is valid for 1 year.
- 30-60 days prior to expiration, you will receive email notices to renew your training (Mandatory Training for Trainee – Refresher Course).
- Notices will be sent to the email account you entered when you established your TMS account.
- Failure to renew your training will result in loss of computer access.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the VA Graduate Medical Education office: