Health and Wellness
In An Emergency
- Vanderbilt University Police: 911 or 615-421-1911
- University Counseling Center Crisis Care Counseling: 615-322-2571
- Hours during Fall & Spring Semesters: M-F, 10:00 am-4:00 pm
- Hours during Summer Months: M-F, 10:00 am-3:00 pm
- *If you are calling after hours, you will be transferred to an answering service with mental health providers on call.
- *If you are hoping to schedule an appointment, please see the BRET-UCC Specialized Services
- Project Safe Support Hotline: 615-322-SAFE (7233)
- Confidential services for those impacted by gender and sexual harassment, sexual assault, intimate partner violence, stalking and more.
- Crisis Text Line (free 24/7 crisis support in the US): Text 741-741
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline (free 24/7 support): 1-800-273-8255
BRET – UCC Specialized Services
Guidelines for Scheduling Appointments:
The UCC has recently collaborated with BRET faculty to provide mental health services that are more readily available and designed to seamlessly and effectively meet the needs of biomedical research students.
Due to current limitations stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic, the UCC’s BRET Satellite Clinic will be offered Mondays through Thursdays through telehealth (Zoom). Services will be available between 2:00pm and 5:00pm.
Only BRET students will have access to specialized services
- Students will be able to schedule an new appointment through the UCC Student Portal
- Students will have to complete the UCC Health History Form (through the student portal) before their scheduled appointment + SIGN the UCC Telehealth Informed Consent
- Students will be sent a Zoom link an hour before their scheduled appointment.
Individual services (i.e., Psychotherapy) providers:
Primary BRET Liaison:
Other BRET Providers (click for bio):
Stephanie Singer, MA (starting soon!)
- If you are currently working with a UCC provider for therapy/counseling and would like to continue this relationship, please do so.
- If you are interested in an assessment of your mental health needs to initiate mental health services, please access the UCC Student Portal and schedule a “BRET TH NEW” appointment.
- If you would like to meet with a UCC medical provider for medication management, please complete an intake form and schedule an appointment with the Office of Student Care Coordination (OSCC). The OSCC will offer you an abbreviated appointment to connect you with the best and most appropriate resources.
- If you are unable to meet during the identified times for the BRET Satellite Clinic, please reach out to Dr. Silver (email@example.com)
The University Counseling Center is committed to supporting time-effective therapy focused on mental health and wellbeing. Specific and tailored treatment plans and referrals are developed for each student.
Heath Care and Insurance Information – To help navigate Student Health and Student Health Insurance
Resources for Student Care, (e.g. emotional, social, and sexual care), sexual misconduct, and compliance concerns.
If you are concerned about another student, please complete this form. If it is an emergency, please call VUPD (615-421-1911) or 911.