In this M3 course, you’ll work closely with the research mentors you identified in the M2 Discovery course to:
- Jump into research prep with a series of small group sessions
- Partner with your research mentor to write a detailed research plan that will serve as your guide during your research months
- Receive detailed, regular feedback from your course directors and mentors to refine your project
- Prepare to jump into the full-time research environment
Now that you’ve carefully mapped out your research plan, it’s time to make those blueprints a reality. During 3 to 6 months of full-time research in your M3 or M4 year, you will:
- carry out the research proposal developed with your research mentor
- attend weekly research area group meetings
- provide regular updates to your mentor and research director
By the end of the research phase, you’ll have a final write-up ready to submit for journal publication.
Interested in longer-term research? Check out our Medical Scholars Program, which gives you full funding to turn your project into a year of uninterrupted biomedical research.