Vanderbilt University School of Medicine is committed to enrolling a diverse student body. The School of Medicine offers a full range of scholarships and loans to students of all income levels.
Our office is responsible for providing financial assistance to students enrolled in the School of Medicine. We also provide information regarding student accounts, which includes student insurance. Federal loan counseling is also available to residents employed by the Medical Center. Students, parents and residents are invited to call, email, or visit the office at any time.
For common questions, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Office of Student Financial Services
Sherry Stuart, Assistant Director
303 Light Hall, Nashville, TN 37232-0740
(615) 322-2145 | (615) 343-2312 Fax
Office hours: Mon. - Fri., 8:00am to 4:30pm CST
Federal Loan Exit & Repayment Session: Friday, March 6 @ 2:00 pm, 214 LH
- Be sure to complete federal exit counseling prior to the session at www.StudentLoans.gov.
- Print and bring your loan info from NSLDS; you may have specific questions for the AAMC debt specialist.
Is it a hassle to find time to deposit your refund check? Sign up now for Direct Deposit through YES.
Direct Loan Borrowers: As of October 1, 2014, the sequester increases the loan origination fees charged to borrowers where the first disbursement is made on or after December 1, 2014.
- Direct Unsubsidized Loan fee applied: 1.073%
- Direct Graduate PLUS Loan fee applied: 4.292%