If Match Day is all about looking ahead, Commencement is all about commemorating the past: reflecting on where you’ve been and what you’ve learned through your med school years. Celebrate first in a university-wide ceremony at Vanderbilt Stadium. Then, gather with your class for a School of Medicine ceremony to receive your degree from the Dean.
Information for Spring 2022
Congratulations, Class of 2022! The School of Medicine is excited to celebrate all you have achieved during your time at Vanderbilt. We look forward to activities marking this milestone:
- Almost Alumni Luncheon
- When: Wednesday, May 11, at noon
- Where: Student Life Center Ballroom
- Class Day
- When: Thursday, May 12, at 4 p.m.
- Where: Langford Auditorium
- School of Medicine Commencement (Program of Recognition)
- When: Friday, May 13, at 11 a.m.
- Where: Langford Auditorium
- Livestream available
Please note: Tickets will be required for the School of Medicine ceremony.
The main ceremony for Vanderbilt University begins at 9 a.m. in Vanderbilt Stadium on Friday, May 13. Tickets are not required for the main ceremony.
Tickets & Guests
Each participant in the School of Medicine ceremony receives four guest tickets. All graduates must use the link to request tickets. The event will be livestreamed for guests who cannot attend in person. If you would like to request additional tickets or release tickets you are not using, please do so by Friday, April 8, via Redcap. Graduates will pick up tickets immediately following commencement practice.
If any of your guests need accessible accommodations (like wheelchair reservations, etc.), these services are provided by the Student Accessibility Services Program. Requests can be made online, navigation Vanderbilt Commencement –> Families and Guests –> Guests with Special Needs. For more information, contact Disability Services at (615)-322-4705.
Guests with accessibility needs may enter the School of Medicine Ceremony at Langford approximately 30 minutes before doors open and sit in a pre-determined section. Such guests may have one companion guest sit with them. All guests with accessibility needs and their companions must use tickets from their student’s allotment.
Please provide the following information by Friday, May 6, in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Name of individual with accessible needs – please indicate if they are in a wheelchair. If they are in a wheelchair, will they be staying seated in their wheelchair or are they able to sit in an auditorium seat?
- Name of companion sitting with accessible guest
Frequently Asked Questions
- What tickets do I receive for School of Medicine events?
- Each graduate receives four (4) invitations for program and school-specific activities (MD Class Day & Awards Ceremony and Program of Recognition). These do not include your personal ticket. Please release tickets you are not using so that others may have them.
- Will there be a photographer?
- Like other School of Medicine events, photos will be uploaded to the VUSM Flickr account. In addition, official photographers will take two individual photos of each graduate: getting hooded and receiving your diploma. Proofs of these photos will be sent directly to each graduate from the vendor, as well as information about ordering prints. You can pre-register for these proofs at the following website: Vanderbilt Commencement – Order Now
- When do I need to arrive for the School of Medicine program on May 13?
- Lineup will begin at 10:30 a.m. on the first floor of Eskind Biomedical Library (EBL).
- I have a specific question not answered here or on the university commencement webpage. Who do I contact?
- Please contact Medical Student Affairs on the fourth floor of Eskind Biomedical Library (EBL). Phone: 615-343-9079
- April 1 – Last day to submit Regalia Orders. All graduates must have appropriate regalia to walk at the ceremony
- April 5 – Last day to order announcements to arrive before Commencement 2022
- April 8 – Deadline for additional ticket requests for Langford Auditorium
- April 15 – Deadline to submit name pronunciation on the name coach site (YES -> Graduation)
- April 29 – Ceremony Participation Response Deadline
- May 2 – RSVP deadline for MD Almost Alumni Lunch (email@example.com)
- May 6 – Last day to confirm accessibility information with Medical Student Affairs
- May 9-12 – Regalia Pick-Up at Vanderbilt Bookstore (2525 West End Avenue)
- May 11 – Commencement Practice/Class Picture at 2 p.m. Please note: MD and Non-MD Commencement Ticket pick-up immediately follows this practice
- May 12 – Vanderbilt University Senior Day Program featuring Reid Hoffman at Memorial Gymnasium at 11 a.m.
- May 13-15 – Regalia Rental Return at Vanderbilt Bookstore (2525 West End Avenue)