VU SOM Linen Services for Lab Coat Cleaning
Contact Information for Shared Hospital Services Corporation’s contact information
- Andrew Scott, Systems Information Coordinator/ Operations Analyst
- Contact: email@example.com, Office #: 615.724.3957
- James Tankersley, Coordinator
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, Office #: 615.242.5477
LAB COAT DROP OFF – Hospital Basement
- Drop Off Location: B502 TVC
- Pick Up Location: B813 TVC
- Drop Off Instructions:
- Verify that your lab has a blanket PO for the laundry service charges. This can be done in Oracle if needed.
- Take a “Special Products Log” sheet from the FIRM office in MCN B2323 or at the Pick Up Location in B813 TVC
- Go to B502 TVC, in the room you will see a hamper stand with yellow hamper bags in it. Take a bag(s) and count your lab coats and place them in the yellow hamper bag(s).
- Fill out the Special Product Log and make sure that your PO number is written similar to the example below.
- Place the first two sheets in the bag with the lab coats and keep the last sheet for yourself.
- Fill out the Blue Valet Ticket(s) and place them in the bag(s) with the lab coats.
- In the room you will see a Blue Bin with Soiled Lab Coats written on it. Place the yellow hamper bag with the Lab Coats, Special Product Log and Blue Valet Ticket(s) in the Blue Bin.
- Note: Each Blue Valet Ticket will hold up to 8 coats.
- Example: If you have 8 coats, you will need 1 Blue Valet Ticket. If you have 11 coats, you will need 2 Blue Valet Tickets etc.
- Please do not take the Ticket Stubs on the Blue Valet Ticket. Only take the top ticket for your records. We need the last 2 Valet Tickets.
- At the pick up location you may ask for a stack of Special Products Log sheets for future use
- Pick Up Instructions:
- Lab Coats are hung under department name.
- Sign out the lab coats on the Special Product Log Sign out sheet.
- Take Coats
- Please allow 6 to 10 business days for coats to return.
- Special Product Log Example
- You may ask your Financial Unit Manager for information regarding any possible previously set up PO or on how to set up a PO.
- When creating the PO:
- The company being used is “Shared Hospital Services”.
- The cost is approximately 6 dollars per coat, and you may estimate the yearly cost. Any unspent money is not lost and if you go over the budget you may contact Purchasing to increase the PO amount.