To submit a strain to the VCMR repository, Vanderbilt investigators should complete a VCMR Submission Form. Please note that only cryopreserved strains will be accepted.
The VCMR considers several factors before accepting strains into the repository, including:
- Ongoing value of the strain to other investigators
- Uniqueness of the strain and unavailability elsewhere
- Publication status of the strain
- Accurate documentation of the development, husbandry, and experimental validation of the strain
Strains that do not meet these criteria will not be accepted into the VCMR.
Benefits of the Vanderbilt Cryopreserved Mouse Repository:
The Vanderbilt Cryopreserved Mouse Repository (VCMR) offers several benefits to investigators:
- Correct annotation of genetically modified alleles
- Compliance with the NIH Model Organism Sharing Policy
- Onsite cryopreservation and secure storage for Vanderbilt investigators
- No annual cryostorage fee for mouse strains donated to the VCMR
- Distribution by VCMR staff
- Donating investigators are entitled to a single no-fee rederivation, with some restrictions
Our experienced staff are able to transport mouse germplasm to other laboratories and initiate Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) requirements on behalf of donating investigators, simplifying the process of sharing mouse strains with other researchers.