The Vanderbilt University School of Medicine administers degree programs that provide students with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes they will need to practice safe, effective, ethical, evidence-based, and patient-centered health care in the 21st century, and to contribute to the knowledge base supporting it.
The vision of Vanderbilt University School of Medicine is to shape a future is which all persons reach their full health potential.
The core values of Vanderbilt University School of Medicine are integrity, inclusion, humility, mutual respect, and excellence.
The mission of Vanderbilt University School of Medicine is to catalyze the advancement of impactful discovery, servant leadership, and lifelong learning.
In order to carry out this mission, we make these strategic commitments:
- To nurture the growth of clinicians, scientists, and educators who will serve and lead their local, national, and global communities.
- To create, implement, and disseminate new knowledge that expands understanding of health, disease, and healthcare systems.
- To teach, learn, and provide compassionate, personalized caring of the highest quality for every patient who seeks our service and to strive to achieve health equity in the populations we serve.
- To embrace a culture of lifelong learning, critical thinking, and innovation so that we will continuously improve in all we do.
- To build a diverse community of faculty, staff, and students that expands the richness of our learning environment and enhances excellence in all of our endeavors.