We’re excited you’re considering Vanderbilt for the next phase of your medical physics journey. We’re looking for people to join us who
- Take initiative to collaborate and innovate
- Aim to dedicate themselves to hard work and pursuit of knowledge and learning
- Enjoy collaboration across specialties and disciplines of science and medicine
- Want to direct their curiosity into clinic and research environments
Our MSMP and DMP cohorts are carefully selected teams ready to push the boundaries of medical physics further.
Sound like you? Start your application today!
To apply to the Vanderbilt MSMP or DMP, we ask you to show proof of the following academic prerequisites:
- A bachelor’s degree in Physics, Engineering, or other physical science from an accredited college or university, including the following courses or their equivalents:
- Calculus III
- Differential Equations
- Modern Physics
- Modern Physics Lab
- Computer Programming Language (or demonstrated experience with programming)
- Two or more of the following junior/senior level physics undergraduate courses
- Electricity & Magnetism
- Classical Mechanics
- Quantum Mechanics
- Grade Point Average (GPA). Successful candidates typically have a minimum undergrad GPA of 3.0/4.0 or a B average.
- General GRE scores. Successful candidates typically score:
- at least 156 on the quantitative section
- at least 312 on the overall exam
Please use Institution Code 1871 when submitting your GRE report to our program. Note that the GRE Advanced Physics Exam is not required.
- Proficiency in the English language.
If you are from a non-English speaking country, please submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Successfully applicants typically score at least 600 (paper)/250 (computer)/100 (internet).
Please use Institution Code 1871 when submitting your TOEFL report to our program.